Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion Search
The President’s Office has identified the national search firm WittKieffer to assist with the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion search process. President McConnell hopes to have a new vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion identified by early summer 2021.
What is a collective search process?
The search for CSU’s Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion is an intentional collective search involving the entire CSU community. Recognizing that community is central to accomplishing our goals and supporting the work of this position, we seek input equally from all community members.
Recent Milestone: Final Round Interviews Completed
The Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion search committee hosted finalist interviews with four candidates during the week of May 24th, 2021.
Completed Milestone: First Round Interviews
The Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion search committee hosted round one interviews with candidates.
Completed Milestone: Listening Sessions
A series of virtual open forums were conducted to gather input and feedback from the Colorado State University community on the search and job description for the next Vice President for Diversity.
The search firm, WittKieffer, conducted twelve listening sessions to inform the position with over 250 registrations.
Listening session groups included:
- Two sessions open to the entire CSU community
- Athletics administration and coaches
- Commission on Diversity & Inclusion and Equity Inclusion Network members
- Cultural & Resource Center directors
- Faculty Stakeholders
- President’s Executive Leadership Team and Council of Deans
- Staff Stakeholders
- Student Affairs Leadership team
- Student Stakeholders
- Vice President for Diversity Office
|Dec. 2020||Jan. 2021||Feb. 2021||Mar. 2021||Apr. 2021||May 2021|
Posted and Recruitment
|Active Recruitment||Review of Applications|
- Vincent Basile, assistant professor, School of Education; faculty affiliate, Ethnic Studies; RISE Center Co-Director
- Kathleen Fairfax, vice provost for International Affairs
- Todd Gaines, associate professor of Agricultural Biology
- Mica Glantz, interim chair, Department of Ethnic Studies; chair, Department of Anthropology and Geography; member, Presidential Task Force for Jewish Inclusion and the Prevention of Antisemitism
- Blanche Hughes, vice president for Student Affairs
- Jan Iron, data and information technologist, Agricultural Experiment Station; member, President’s Native American Advisory Council
- Fleurette King, equity educator, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs & The Institute for Learning and Teaching
- Kim Mbadinga-Nzamba, assistant director of diversity and inclusion, CSU Athletics; secretary, Multicultural Staff and Faculty Network
- Becca McCarty (EO Coordinator), coordinator for compliance and operations, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Blake Naughton, vice president for Engagement and Extension
- Diana Prieto (EO Coordinator), vice president, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Sandy Quackenbush, associate dean for academic and student affairs, College of Veterinary Medicine and Behavioral and Medical Sciences
- Terry Schlicting, health professions advisor, Collaborative for Student Achievement
- Ria Vigil, assistant vice president, Office of the Vice President for Diversity
This list of activities is intended to promote transparency; it is not intended to be comprehensive.
|Conduct interviews||Search Committee Charged 12/16|
|Final report for President McConnell||President McConnell and Dean Estlund meet with VPD staff|
|Dean Estlund meet with Employment Council chairs|
|Search firm hired for national search: WittKieffer|
|Drafted list of stakeholder groups and held meetings with each|
|Expanded list of communication venues for search progress|
|Drafted organizational profile|
|Developed position description and leadership profile|
|Review applications for semi-finalist interviews|
|Create Interview Plan|
|Select finalist candidates|