Vice President for Diversity Search
The Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion position is now posted online.
What is a collective search process?
The search for CSU’s Vice President for Diversity (final title TBD) is an intentional collective search involving the entire CSU community. Recognizing that community is central to accomplishing our goals and supporting the work of this position, we seek input equally from all community members.
Recent Milestone: Listening Sessions
A series of virtual open forums were conducted to gather input and feedback from the Colorado State University community on the search and job description for the next Vice President for Diversity.
The search firm, WittKeiffer, conducted twelve listening sessions to inform the position with over 250 registrations.
Listening session groups included:
- Two sessions open to the entire CSU community
- Athletics administration and coaches
- Commission on Diversity & Inclusion and Equity Inclusion Network members
- Cultural & Resource Center directors
- Faculty Stakeholders
- President’s Executive Leadership Team and Council of Deans
- Staff Stakeholders
- Student Affairs Leadership team
- Student Stakeholders
- Vice President for Diversity Office
Suggestions and Comments
- Karen Estlund, Search Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send nominations to CSUVPD@wittkieffer.com
- CSU VPD Search Committee, email@example.com
- Mary Seaman, Search Support, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WittKeiffer Search Consultants: Charlene Aguilar, Christine Pendleton, and Bree Liddell
|Dec. 2020||Jan. 2021||Feb. 2021||Mar. 2021||Apr. 2021||May 2021|
Posted and Recruitment
with broad university participation
- Vincent Basile, assistant professor, School of Education; faculty affiliate, Ethnic Studies; RISE Center Co-Director
- Kathleen Fairfax, vice provost for International Affairs
- Todd Gaines, associate professor of Agricultural Biology
- Mica Glantz, interim chair, Department of Ethnic Studies; chair, Department of Anthropology and Geography; member, Presidential Task Force for Jewish Inclusion and the Prevention of Antisemitism
- Blanche Hughes, vice president for Student Affairs
- Jan Iron, data and information technologist, Agricultural Experiment Station; member, President’s Native American Advisory Council
- Fleurette King, equity educator, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs & The Institute for Learning and Teaching
- Kim Mbadinga-Nzamba, assistant director of diversity and inclusion, CSU Athletics; secretary, Multicultural Staff and Faculty Network
- Becca McCarty (EO Coordinator), coordinator for compliance and operations, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Blake Naughton, vice president for Engagement and Extension
- Diana Prieto (EO Coordinator), vice president, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Sandy Quackenbush, associate dean for academic and student affairs, College of Veterinary Medicine and Behavioral and Medical Sciences
- Terry Schlicting, health professions advisor, Collaborative for Student Achievement
- Ria Vigil, assistant vice president, Office of the Vice President for Diversity
This list of activities is intended to promote transparency; it is not intended to be comprehensive.
|Recruit||Search Committee Charged 12/16|
|Candidate screening||Expand list of communication venues for search progress||President McConnell and Dean Estlund meet with VPD staff|
|Create interview plan||Dean Estlund meets with Employment Council chairs|
|Conduct interviews||Developing list of support for the success of the VPD||Search firm hired for national search: WittKieffer|
Meet with stakeholder groups to inform position description
Draft organization profile
Develop position description and leadership profile