Creating Inclusive Excellence Program
The CIEP seeks to develop awareness, knowledge, and skills around issues of diversity and inclusion at Colorado State. It is a 6 session (21 hour) certificate program sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Diversity and facilitated by many skilled diversity practitioners on campus. CIEP is intended for State Classified and Administrative Professional employees and is offered in the fall and summer semesters.
The goal of the CIEP is to create diversity and inclusion practitioners who impact the climate and culture of Colorado State University towards Inclusive Excellence. Our mission follows the university’s diversity strategic plan to create a campus where all members feel welcomed, valued, and affirmed and to enhance a multicultural competent workforce.
Outcomes for the Creating Inclusion Program Participants
- Develop awareness, knowledge, and skills to understand and implement multicultural competency.
- Integrate Inclusive Excellence in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services.
- Equip Colorado State employees with tools to proactively affirm and promote diversity and inclusion.
- Develop diversity and inclusion practitioners, who feel empowered to advocate for diversity and inclusion.
Sample Schedule for the Creating Inclusive Excellence Program
- Workshop 1: Diversity and Inclusion at CSU
- Workshop 2: Exploring Culture and Social Identity
- Workshop 3: Unconscious Bias and Stereotyping
- Workshop 4: Exploring the “Isms”
- Workshop 5: Microaggressions and Inclusive Language
- Workshop 6: Interrupting Oppression/Tools to Intervene/Closing