Academic Organizations and Programs
Organizations Related to Program of Study
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS): CSU | National
- Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS): National
- Business Diversity and Leadership Alliance: CSU
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE): CSU | National
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE): CSU | National
- Women and Minority Engineering Program: CSU
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society (AISES): CSU | National
- The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE): National
Ethnic Studies Student Organizations
- Students of Ethnic Studies Raising Voices of Empowerment (S.E.R.V.E.)
- Fair Advocates for Cultural Truths (F.A.C.T)
- Arabic Club: advisor Mohammed Hirchi, 491-6679, C111 Clark
- Chinese Club: advisor Chuchang Chium, 491-5174, C110C Clark
- Le Cercle Français: advisor Frédérique Grim, C114 Clark
- German Club: advisor Frankie Wilcox, 491-6510, C110-E Clark
- Italian Club: advisor Lorella Paltrinieri, 491-3399, C110 Clark
- Japanese Club: advisor Masako Beecken, 491-5275, C124A Clark
- Latin Club: advisor Judith Lilly (visit Clark C-104 for more recent information)
- Russian Club:advisor Ludmila Pokatilova, C110 Clark
- Spanish Club: advisor Colleen McKee, Clark A 12C (visit Clark C-104 for more recent information)
ASCSU Department of Diversity
Aims to work with a variety of groups on campus to increase the knowledge of and address campus-wide diversity and sexual assault awareness through establishing programs, facilitating the Diversity Advocacy Council, creating new programming, and finding other ways to bridge the gaps between an ideal of inclusive, supportive and diverse community atmosphere and Colorado State University.
Diversity & Social Justice Programs
Part of Campus Activities, Diversity and Social Justice Programs seeks to educate about issues of diversity through entertaining and thought provoking programs. Diversity & Social Justice Programs facilitate scollaborative opportunities between the Student Diversity Programs and Services Offices, student organizations, and other groups or individuals on campus.
- Campus Step Up: A Social Justice Retreat is an opportunity for students to expand their awareness on issues of diversity and cross-cultural communication.
Multicultural Greek Council
The Multicultural Greek Council strives to promote positive multicultural inter fraternal relations and positive awareness on campus and within our surrounding communities.
Women and Gender Advocacy Center (formerly SAGE)
This course is an academic course in Women’s Studies that will closely examine interpersonal violence (sexual assault, relationship violence & stalking) in US culture. We will explore the role of identity in the ways that we as a society perpetuate and experience violence. This course will also provide an opportunity for students to explore the impact that our culture of violence has had on their own lives and relationships.
More Student Organizations
With a variety of leadership and community engagement programs, the Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement (SLiCE) office at Colorado State University provides an important link between students and their surrounding communities.